- Course Code:
- QQI - Level 5
This is a blended learning programme that gives students the opportunity to attend numerous colleges to study areas such as Dental Nursing, Veterinary Nursing, Applied Science, Engineering and many more. This is due to the successful completion of Maths and certain add on modules offered to students.
The full General Learning Level 5 is a one year full time blended learning programme which gives young students the opportunity to get ready for college both academically and financially.
Students must complete a minimum of 8 modules to achieve 120 credits for a level 5 QQI major award.
- 5N3113 – Research and Study Skills
- 5N2985 – Personal and Professional Development
- 5N1358 – Word Processing
- 5N1952 – Communications
- 5N1356 – Work Experience
- 5N1367 – Team Working
- 5N1951 – Entrepreneurial Skills
- 5N1610 – Business Administration Skills
- Optional modules including 5N1833 Maths, 5N1370 Social Studies and 5N1786 Special Needs Assistant
- Other modules TBC
ProgressionAchievement of this award will enable the learner to progress to either employment or further study at 3rd level.
- Potential students must of completed a Major QQI General Learning Certificate Level 4, a Traditional Leaving Certificate or Successful completion of the Leaving Certificate Applied Programme in order to gain entry onto this course.
- Upon entry potential students are interviewed, assessed and complete a two week induction to ensure suitability within this learning environment.