- Course Code:
- C&G L4
- City and Guilds - Level 4
The Pre-Tech Apprenticeship is a 30-week certified taster programme to help you determine which area in the tech sector that you wish to specialise in. It gives you an opportunity to determine your suitability and proficiency in a range of related subjects.
It is designed to be a feeder programme and on completion you can progress and pursue your career in a choice of three Tech Apprenticeships in:
- Cyber Security
- Network Engineer
- Software Developer
The programme features City & Guilds module and practical assignments, combined with professional development, project management and employability skills.
Successful completion of each module will provide you with greater insight of what is required to successfully complete a Tech Apprenticeship, and inform you whether Cyber Security, Network Engineer or Software Developer is your career of choice and finally prepare you to successfully complete an interview with a sponsoring tech employer.
Pre-Tech Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to:
- Lay the foundations of your career in tech
- Determine if the programme is for you and which stream is your preferred option; Software Development, Network Engineering or Cybersecurity.
- Engage in practical assignments that focus on both your technical skills and professional development.
- Enhance your employability in the tech sector
- Provide you with greater insight of what is required to successfully complete a Tech Apprenticeship.
- Enhance your prospects of securing a position on a Tech Apprenticeship programme.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All applicants will be invited to attend an information session about the course, and undergo an interview process and aptitude test to determine suitability.
DELIVERY: This is a full-time course, that will be delivered in a blended format, with a mix of online learning and classroom based learning.
LOCATION: The venue will be MSLETB Training Centre, Sligo, Co. Sligo.
FEES: There are no fees for this course. If you are in receipt of a social welfare payment when you commence the course, you may be entitled to a training allowance while attending.
- C&G – L3 Customer Support Provision for the ICT Professional – Customer Support Provision for ICT Professional (7540-030)
- C&G – Software Design Fundamentals – Software Design Fundamentals (7540-033)
- C&G – Personal & Professional Development – Personal & Professional Development (7630-403)
- C&G – Principles of ICT Systems and Data Security – Principles of ICT System & Data Security (7630-345)
- C&G – Creative Problem Solving – Creative Problem Solving (7540-388)
- C&G – Introduction to Networks – Introduction to Networks (7540-645)
- C&G – Maintaining ICT Equipment and Systems – Maintain ICT Equipment & Systems 3 (7540-328)
- Career Planning & Job Seeking Skills
ProgressionSuccessful completion of each module will provide participants with greater insight of what is required to successfully complete a Tech Apprenticeship, inform them whether Cyber Security, Network Engineer or Software Developer is their career of choice and finally prepare them to successfully complete an interview with a sponsoring tech employer.
Education: Learners should not be entered for a qualification of the same type, content and level as that of a qualification they already hold. There are no formal entry requirements for learners undertaking this qualification. However, centres must ensure that learners have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification.
Aptitude: Good numeracy and literacy skills with good spatial aptitude.
Previous Experience: Previous work experience working in IT support would be desirable but is not essential for entry to this programme.