- Course Code:
- QQI - Level 5
This is an IT based course, incorporating a full QQI Level 5 Software Development award. The course aims to instruct students in the core principles of coding and web design.
You will learn to design, build and maintain websites, and create interactive web applications.
You will learn about the Internet of Things (IoT) by building basic electronic circuits and writing code to control hardware devices such as the Raspberry Pi and Arduino.
You will learn the basics of the Linux operating system, such as using the command line interface and automating tasks using shell scripts.
This course is aimed at those who:
– wish to pursue further studies in Computer Science in Further and/or Higher Education
– are seeking employment in the computer industry.
On completion of this programme learners will have the knowledge, skills and competencies to design, develop and test software components and systems in a workplace environment, working as a team member under supervision, while contributing to the workflow for the finished product.
Communications Level 5
Fundamentals Of Object Oriented Programming
Maths For Information Technology
VTOS is open to all adults over 21 years of age:
who are in receipt of a qualifying social welfare payment for at least 6 months
OR who are signing for credits
OR who are dependent on a qualifying adult.
- Education: NFQ Level 4 or equivalent when accessing a Level 5 programme. CERFL proficiency at B2 for access to Level 5 courses for those whose first language is not English
- Aptitude: The learner will have the capacity to take responsibility for his/her own learning within the managed environment provided by the training provider.
- Previous Experience: The learner may be progressing onto this programme from community education, Youthreach, second level education or other formal or informal learning. The learner may or may not have had a positive experience of education in the past but will have expressed an interest in learning new things and practicing new skills. It is expected that the learner will have a range of learning styles, strengths and needs related to the programme.