- Course Code:
- QQI - L3/4/5
Youthreach is a full-time training and education programme for early school leavers aged between 15 and 20 years. It offers a flexible and dynamic programme of integrated general education, vocational training and work experience.
The main objectives of Youthreach are:
- Personal, social and educational development.
- Promoting independence, personal autonomy and a pattern of lifelong learning.
- Integration into further education and training opportunities.
- Promoting active citizenship and social inclusion.
- No formal education or qualifications are required although applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 2 when accessing a Level 3 programme.
- The PLC Access Programme is available to learners who have previously attended Youthreach, or achieved the Leaving Certificate Applied (LCA).