- Course Code:
- QQI - Level 5
The aim of this programme is to enable the learner to acquire the knowledge, skill and competence to work independently and under supervision providing administration services and support in a range of office and business administration contexts and or to progress to higher education and training. Behind every organisation imaginable there are office employees. This programme is designed for those considering a career in an office or business environment. It provides the core computer, administrative and communication skills necessary to successfully secure employment in a modern business or office environment. Learners are also in a position to progress to further studies upon completion of the programme.
Word Processing (5N1358)
Text Production (5N1422)
Information & Administration (5N1389)
Bookkeeping – Manual & Computerised (5N1354)
Customer Service (5N0972)
Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977)
Work Experience (5N1356)
Audio Transcription (5N1549)
- Applicants must be 16+ years of age on entry to the course.
- Leaving Cert, LCVP, LCA or QQI Level 4 Major Award is essential.
- Mature applicant route available for applicants aged 23+.
- Competent written and spoken English (CEFR B2 or Higher).
- Non-EU/EEA applicants must have permission to work in Ireland.
- Applicants must express an interest in learning and practicing new skills.
- Display a client focused personality.
- Display characteristics of a good team worker and be capable of self-directed learning.
- Previous work experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Garda vetting is a requirement for this programme and participation is subject to a satisfactory outcome of the Garda vetting process.