- Course Code:
- QQI - Level 4
The Advance Manufacturing Local Training Initiative programme aims to attract learners who may wish to pursue a role or aspire to work in an advanced manufacturing setting. This Programme aims to provide a hands-on and supported foundational learning environment, encouraging learners to progress to study further and or seek relevant entry-level employment opportunities confidently in the economy’s advanced manufacturing sectors. The focus of FIT Advanced Manufacturing Programme is to provide the job seekers the opportunity to gain quality employment in manufacturing companies with strong career prospects with the capacity for entry to more competent roles. Candidates will also be equipped to pursue more advanced training opportunities, including relevant Apprenticeship opportunities and other skills development offerings to pursue a professional qualification in the industry.
- Engineering Workshop Processes
- Functional Maths
- Team Working
- Career Planning (Community)
- Work Experience (Community)
- Communications (4N0689)
- Continuous Improvement In Manufacturing (5N1915)
- Customer Service (4N1989)
- Workplace Safety (4N1124)
- Creating Event Driven Computer Program using Java (7540-007)
ProgressionFIT advanced manufacturing Programme content will fulfill the QQI Employment Skills 4M0857 Award requirements and incorporate a City & Guild Module in Robotic Control Systems. Upon completion, candidates will be qualified to compete for entry-level roles in advanced manufacturing sectors or alternatively to pursue relevant QQI L5 programmes or related Apprenticeship programmes.
- Education: Applicants should have a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3 when accessing a Level 4 programme. Applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education although no formal qualifications are required.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- #Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work under direction with some ability to work on their own initiative.