- Course Code:
- QQI - Level 5
The healthcare sector is one of the largest employers in Ireland. It includes private medical practices, dental surgeries, physiotherapy clinics, public and private hospitals, hospices, nursing homes, medical insurance companies, and supplies and manufactures of medical devices and medicines. All of these companies employ secretaries and administrators.
This QQI Level 5 Certificate course provides students with skills and knowledge specifically for the medical sector. It educates students on medical terminology and administration practices which are required by those who see themselves working in any medical office in the future. Students can progress on to the Level 6 Advanced Certificate after completing the Level 5.
Audio Transcription (5N1549)
Career Planning & Job seeking Skills (005047)
Customer Service (5N0972)
Information & Administration (5N1389)
Medical Terminology (5N2428)
Spreadsheet Methods (5N1977)
Text Production (5N1422)
Word Processing (5N1358)
Work Experience (5N1356)
- Applicants must be 16+ years of age on entry to the course.
- Leaving Cert, LCVP, LCA or QQI Level 4 Major Award is essential.
- Mature applicant route available for applicants aged 23+.
- Competent written and spoken English (CEFR B2 or Higher).
- Non-EU/EEA applicants must have permission to work in Ireland.
- Applicants must express an interest in learning and practicing new skills.
- Display a client focused personality.
- Display characteristics of a good team worker and be capable of self-directed learning.
- Previous work experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Garda vetting is a requirement for this programme and participation is subject to a satisfactory outcome of the Garda vetting process.