- Course Code:
- QQI - Level 6
The programme is designed to position candidates (female and male) to pursue challenging and rewarding careers in the role of manufacturing process support in a variety of industry settings. Such roles encompass electronic, electrical, mechanical, PLCs (programmable, logic controllers) with computational skills, all of which must be executed in the context of safe working practices.
This programme aims to develop candidates’ technical acumen, personal effectiveness, project management and employability skills so-as-to maximise employment opportunities and to develop the skills and capacity to establish rewarding careers.
Candidates who successfully complete this programme should be seen in the context of members of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals including mechanical and electrical engineers, supervisors and those associated with the planning, implementation and maintenance of industrial control systems
FIT accepts a number of different entry routes to the Manufacturing Technician Maintenance Skills programme, depending on your own individual background. Applicants must be 18 years or older with eligibility to work and live in Ireland. FIT warmly welcomes all applicants and the following criteria will inform candidate selection:
· Must be numerate and literate with the capacity to learn new skills and absorb varied product knowledge.
· A problem solver with the capacity to work as a member of a team and to communicate clearly with others.
· Good hand-to-eye coordination, mechanical aptitude and visual acuity is important
· Demonstrate a level of personal motivation and a clear desire to work in the field of technology.
· Candidates should at minimum have completed the Junior Cert with pass grades in at least five Ordinary level subjects (including Maths and English).